Video is everywhere these days and is used by most to supplement their job and the information they need. To take it to the next level, it is best to hire an expert to design a winning video and have it manufactured by a well-respected company. It’s important to get it right from the start to ensure that your time is worth wasting.
Before you dive in, here are 5 things to consider.
1. Quality: Take a look at the quality of your competitor’s videos. If there are hot spots, or it looks like a video has been filmed on a very sticky background, don’t use it. Keep it clean and crisp. This is a time when Americans are looking to get their needs met and it helps if your video is designed to meet their demands.
2. Length: The American audience is used to a short and concise video, ideally. The most successful videos are 2 minutes max, but 3 is good. The average person has a short attention span, and if you offer nothing more than an education on a topic, then you have already wasted their time. In addition, no one wants to waste their time. If your video offers more, like showing someone how to do something, then people will be more inclined to share it and invite others to view it. To create an educational and enticing video, leave out extraneous stuff, and provide useful information.
3. Content: Put your message in your content. Keep it brief, and make sure you offer something informative and valuable that makes the viewer want to pass it along. Remember, you are building a list and a video that lasts for 30 sec is not going to get passed along. The content must be compelling and it must engage the viewer.
4. Pick a company: Choose a good company to work with. The production and branding elements should all be carefully considered to get the best end product. Remember that your time is valuable, so treat it wisely. They should also have a sound understanding of your audience, their wants and needs, and how they are using the Internet.
5. Post it: Put your video online. This is a great way to increase brand recognition. Make sure you post it on YouTube, Facebook, your website, and other locations. Be sure to put your domain name at the beginning and end of the description. It is also a good idea to add it to podcasts and other media. All of this is another great way to increase your exposure online.
The best way to increase your exposure online is by posting videos. Videos increase brand recognition and they increase your time on-line. Try these 5 steps and see how you get even more exposure.